Please schedule using our automated phone scheduler:
You will need your permit number and inspection item number listed on your permit card. All inspection items start will a zero (0) to create a five digit code.
Velocity Hall is no longer available as of November 1, 2020. We are working rapidly to resolve this issue and hope to have a solution in place very soon. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
As of April 17, 2020, we are no longer using Appointments Plus to schedule inspections.
Remote Video Inspection allows our inspectors to use a video call on a 4G smartphone or tablet to visit your job site virtually to conduct the inspection remotely.
To see how a PDSD Remote Video Inspection works, watch this video.
The process for Remote Video Inspection is as follows:
- Schedule your Remote Video Inspection. Your inspector will call you the morning of your inspection, at the phone number provided, to establish an appointment window.
- The customer prepares for the video call by making sure their phone or tablet is charged, having the appropriate tools ready, and pausing loud construction activity.
- The City inspector will initiate the Remote Video Inspection call to you at the time scheduled on your chosen platform (or app) and will conduct the inspection remotely.
- Your inspection results will be available immediately on the Inspection Dashboard, and the following day on Property Research Online.
Technical requirements for customers
- Ensure your inspection location has 4G connectivity and your smart phone or tablet has 4G connectivity.
- You must have FaceTime or Google Duo on your phone or tablet in order to conduct the Remote Video Inspection
- The inspector will update our permitting system after the video call is completed. The day after the inspection, comments will be available on Property Research Online (PRO)
- The inspector will assess if an additional fee for re-inspections is required
- If a re-inspection fee is required, pay online prior to scheduling re-inspection. Use the Pay Planning & Permit Fees button in the top left corner of the PDSD main page
- If you would like a same-day reinspection, tell your inspector during your call and they will inform you of any available times.
If you've scheduled an inspection and have questions
If you scheduled your inspection via IVR or VelocityHall, contact your inspector directly using the Inspection Dashboard.
- Go to the Inspection Dashboard.
- Click the magnifying glass and enter your activity number or the project address.
- Enter that information, and the inspector's name and phone number will appear.
- Give them a call.